cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H723ZG Unable to connect to ST_LINK when powering on for the first time, and the COM port canno

ML111
Associate III

Hello everyone:

After I got the development board, I soldered it first. After soldering it, only the COM port light lit up red when I powered on for the first time, and the LED area and user buttons did not respond. After using the debug support of keilv5, I successfully read the port. However, I cannot connect to the hardware when using keil's ST download function. I tried to use cubeide to download again, but the port still could not be found, but my computer device manager could find the port and the universal serial bus device could query STM32 ST-Link/V3. I have the following screenshots as a supplement.

1.jpg2.png3.png4.png

19 REPLIES 19
ML111
Associate III

Hello @MM..1 

The result is still unknown firmware. Thank you for your help. At the same time, there is an additional FAIL.TXT file in its internal storage, with the content as shown below.32583b0448a1b50bcc149b8a5da5296.png2951d0effe33c73c08aba48e73a7bf3.png

Best Regards.

ML111

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

>After I got the development board, I soldered it first.

What did you solder exactly ? 

+

AScha3_0-1716110359679.png

V0 is impossible - except you tried to flash something to this (st-link V3) cpu... did you ? or anybody else ?

board was new (not touched by anybody) ?

+

AScha3_1-1716110524870.png

So target here has no power ( 0.0 V) , this CANNOT work. Set jumpers correct, see manual.

-> 4 questions ... can you answer all ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @AScha.3 

->After I received the board, the IO port of the board was not soldered. I need to solder it myself before it can be used.
-> The first time I successfully updated the firmware was when the board was successfully read into the COM port by my computer and I was forced to update the firmware when I downloaded it using Cube IDE.
->board was new. But I can only make sure that it is my first contact after receiving the goods.
->I have the jumpers set correctly. Because another one on the same board can be downloaded. Moreover, my board did not have the correct demo when I powered it on for the first time after receiving the goods. I think this is not my fault. After the other board is powered on for the first time, the user buttons can be used to control the LED lights, but my LED lights have no response, including lighting up.

Thanks for your help.

ML111

Still not really explaining WHAT exactly you soldered.

Not shown in picture.

Perhaps you caused a short or for the MCU not to be powered. 

Check voltages at MCU with meter or scope.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

so what you exactly soldered ? (>the IO port of the board was not soldered < which IO port ? )

The nucleo board is for learning/development and there is nothing to solder "first".

Except you got a bad or damaged board, then try to get replacement.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @AScha.3 

The picture shows the part I welded.4e196346bcc29cb7f3177a710a44c1a.jpg

The reason for welding is that I am participating in a college student competition in China, the embedded development and system design competition. I applied for the board from a platform called Diantang Technology. When the board was shipped to me, the two rows of IO ports were not soldered and I needed to solder them myself.

Thanks for your help.

ML111

Hello @Tesla DeLorean 

Thanks, it is indeed the 5v and 3.3v of my board that are indeed 0v. Is there any solution?

Seems your operation on board destruct somethink. Maybe order new one is simpler way.

How soldering station you use ? 

And FYI minimum developers use this complete connectors, solder wires only where is used...

ML111
Associate III

Hello @MM..1 

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, if there is no better suggestion, I will replace the board with a new one.

Thanks for your help.

The soldering station uses a constant temperature of 350°. Is the temperature too high, causing damage to the internal circuit of the board?

ML111

Zoom your photo and will see your soldering isnt OK , then try repair , but read how soldering OK