cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 FDCAN extended ID filter configuration LSE doesn't accept 128

julianoes
Associate II

I came across code in NuttX that tries to set the FDCAN standard and extended ID filter configuration register to a list size of 128 each.

According to the reference manual (page 2567, 56.5.22) the FDCAN_XIDFC LSE takes 8 bits with the biggest number being 128. However, when I try to set that register, the value is not applied. However, setting it to 64 is applied correctly.

The stanard filter list size (FDCAN_SIDFC) can successfully be set to 128 and sticks as expected.

Could it be that actually only 64 makes sense for the extended ID filter as suggested by the message RAM configuration, or do I have something else completely wrong?

Edit: Interestingly it's also 64 in HAL:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/blob/master/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_fdcan.h#L112-L113

0693W00000WJNtFQAX.png

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @julianoes​, to the community!

This is probably a typo in RM0433 and the description of FDCAN_XIDFC

• 1-128 and >128

maybe means

• 1-127 and >127

We will check this.

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ 

EDIT: Sorry, I had misinterpreted something and need to take a closer look.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Peter BENSCH​ ,

I am adding @Imen DAHMEN​  and @Amel NASRI​ to the loop, since this thread is not related to CubeProgrammer nor CubeMX.

Sara.

julianoes
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ and @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ just bumping this again, hoping for it to get resolved eventually, thanks!

I'm just responding here hoping to bring this to your attention again. It would still be good to get closure on what is going on here. Thank you.