cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H563ZIT6 I3C master read buffer question

Xonier
Associate III

Hello! I dont know where to find received data after HAL_I3C_Ctrl_Receive_IT progress.

I set I3C of my H563 as master and sent ENTDAA and master read , the slave answered both command. The interrupt of slave reflects that master read is done and the data in tx-fifo is transferred correctly. But when i read RxBuffer of the HAL_I3C_Ctrl_Receive_IT i find nothing but 0.

Can anybody help me?Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can check the available examples ( Private Read/Write ) in the STM32Cube FW : 
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.2.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H503RB\Examples\I3C

some details are in this Application Note - Section 9.8 : https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5879-introduction-to-i3c-for-stm32h5-series-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Xonier ,

Could you please use an oscilloscope to check SDA and SCL behavior?
Make sure that the dynamic addressing is done correctly .

Let me know!
Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello!

I am sure ENTDAA is done because i have read the address in slave regs . I am thinking about if i used HAL_I3C_Ctrl_Receive_IT incorrectly.

You can check the available examples ( Private Read/Write ) in the STM32Cube FW : 
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.2.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H503RB\Examples\I3C

some details are in this Application Note - Section 9.8 : https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5879-introduction-to-i3c-for-stm32h5-series-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Foued

Hello! Sorry to reply so late. I had busy days and finally solved the problem. Thanks!

Enoch
Associate

Can you share how it was resolved?Thank you