cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G491RCT6 Write protection Option bytes missing

Doublesets
Associate II

Hello

I am using an STM32G491RcT6 processor, when I connect it with ST-link to CubeProgrammer the Write Protection section of the option bytes does not appear, if I connect an STM32G491ReT6 processor it does, Document RM0440 does not seem to me to report any differences between the two microprocessors regarding this aspect.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Simon.T
ST Employee

Hello @Doublesets ,

Is it possible to give your cube programmer version ? Also is it possible to send the screenshots of the Write Protection section of the option bytes for both STM32G4? 

Best regards,

Simon

hello

sure. Here it is

I also noticed that with the previous version of the cubeprogrammer (2.16) the option bytes are shown 

Even the display of the numbering and the address of the sectors to be deleted is different

Best regards

RCT6_CubePrg_2_16RCT6_CubePrg_2_16RCT6_CubePrg_2_17RCT6_CubePrg_2_17RET6_CubePrg_2_16RET6_CubePrg_2_16RET6_CubePrg_2_17RET6_CubePrg_2_17RCT6_CubePrg_2_16_Sector_eraseRCT6_CubePrg_2_16_Sector_eraseRCT6_CubePrg_2_17_Sector_eraseRCT6_CubePrg_2_17_Sector_erase

Simon.T
ST Employee

Thanks a lot for the screenshot. I raised an internal ticket to correct the issue:

Internal ticket number: 186818(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

In the meantime you can still use the rev1.16.

Best regards,

Simon