cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474 Target Not Detected After Firmware Update

mallesh_makershive
Associate

Hello ST Link Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing an issue with an STM32G474 controller that I've been using successfully for the past five months. However, after uploading a new firmware recently, I am unable to detect the target in both Keil and the STLink utility.

I have already tried the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Checked all hardware connections and ensured they are secure.
  • Verified the power supply to the STM32G474.
  • Confirmed that the MCU is in the correct boot mode.
  • Verified the debug interface configuration.
  • Reinstalled the ST Link drivers on my computer.
  • Checked for any error messages or warnings.

Despite these efforts, I have not been able to resolve the issue. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you may have to help me resolve this problem.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

@STM3232G474

@stm32 

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

First, ST-Link utility is obsolete so please use STM32CubeProgrammer downloadable from this link.

Second, with STM32CubeProgrammer tool, try to connect under "Power down" mode:

SofLit_0-1699364156651.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
STea
ST Employee

Hello @mallesh_makershive ,

You try to connect the board via CubeProgrammer  and check for static security and option bytes you maybe have changed something related to RDP levels or flash protections and it can be the cause preventing you from connecting in debug mode as explained in this document

BR 

Hichem

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.