cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G431KB Nucleo 32 - USART1 RX help

LiamRDS
Associate

I'm trying to use USART1 for Async however I cannot send data to the board. I'm using an FTDI USB-UART converter cable to test, the Nucleo is sending correct data my PC data no problem.

I can prove my code and terminal program on the PC works 2 way with the USART2 and VCP via STLINK.

When code is set to use USART1. USART1_Rx has nothing coming in.

I saw a reference in the UM for USART1:

"Only one USART is available and shared between ARDUINO® Nano and VCP. The selection is done by remapping (no need to change the hardware configuration)."

I think there might be something I don't understand about this. I have done the "remapping" with cube MX to assign the default UART1 pins PA9&10.

Any guidance is welcome on how to get Rx working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LiamRDS
Associate

It turned out that I was getting ORE after the first time my device send data to the STM32, it did work briefly however thereafter the Rx of course would not work.

I eventually just turned that off overrun CubeMX and it seems solid so far for this purpose.

Thanks for the help everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @LiamRDS

I suggest you compare your UART configurations to the UART configuration in one of the provided examples. That will help you locating the issue. 

PS: It will be better if you share your code.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Check the flow control pins on the FTDI side (CTS/DSR). Try other, simpler USB-UART converter (Prolific..).

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I have a Nucleo-G431KB and USART1 works on PA9 and PA10. Maybe put the FTDI in loopback to make sure it works? The only other thing to check if you have NVIC enabled?

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
LiamRDS
Associate

It turned out that I was getting ORE after the first time my device send data to the STM32, it did work briefly however thereafter the Rx of course would not work.

I eventually just turned that off overrun CubeMX and it seems solid so far for this purpose.

Thanks for the help everyone.