cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0 USBCPD: Debug issue and hard reset of PE instead of negotiation

Franz.1
Associate III

//EDIT: Please go to the my last reply since this represents the current state of the investigations

This is kind of a follow-up post, but a totally different topic than yesterday.

So, after following the video step by step for a USBCPD sink "project with a custom board" (video minute 13:04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdFHmMOMwk

I was successful is the sense that "STM32CubeMonitor for USB Type-C PD" does indeed recognise my custom board based on the STM32G0B1CBT6. I can connect and see that there is a explicit contract for a fixed 5V.

However, despite reading through different USBCPD related documents, I am not really sure which kind of functionality the demo / the full stack from ST provides and what is left to the user. For example: after connecting the CubeMonitor to the board, I am not able to send any Messages to the board or do any configuration. No matter which mesage I seelct from the "Message Selector" Tab or the "Port Communication", I always get "Message rejected for this port configuration". Not even the ping mesage is working. Is this to be expected? I somehow expected that the Messages that are exposed in the GUI and the settings that one can do in the "Port Communication/ Configuration" are already "built-into" the stack?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Franz.1,

Happy to read that you have solved your issue.

You cannot select 12V in regular fixed voltage power ranges, simply because it's not authorized in this category.

Check the PD spec :

NicolasP_0-1727680744157.png

If you want to select 12V, you may use the PPS PDO type :

NicolasP_1-1727680779302.png

Regards,

Nicolas

PS : it would be nice to set this post as solved, so please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which helped you the most.