cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7, H7: Where can I find info from which APB bus is a given timer clocked?

Wowa
Associate III

Hello!

For some time already I cannot find this in manuals. Can someone point me if there is any table somewhere? Of course I can find it out experimentally, but it would be more convenient to know where it is listed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The mapping is contained in the table Register boundary addresses, usually in section 2 of the Reference Manual. In addition to the border addresses, it also contains the responsible bus.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The mapping is contained in the table Register boundary addresses, usually in section 2 of the Reference Manual. In addition to the border addresses, it also contains the responsible bus.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Wowa
Associate III

Thank you very much! For sure I wouldn't find this place myself :)).

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is what I've asked several times as a CubeMX feature: for each timer, please show where its clock comes from. Even more, show the current clock frequency from the clock config view.

You could add it as an Idea, to be ignored by ST over there.

JW

Johi
Senior III

I opened the RM but looked over it, for those not awake in the morning this visual :):

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJxUJQA0.png

Wayne2839
Associate II

In RM0433 which I am using for the STM32H753, the timer clocking can be determined by the RCC_APB1LRSTR and RCC_APB2RSTR register definitions in Section 8.8, Table 84.