cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f417ig: Is it possible to set the TIM1 to a specific non-zero value when a trigger event occurs ?

rildank
Associate II

Hello,

I'm using the STM32f417ig. I'm trying to configure TIM1 in a specific way, but I couldn't find information about this in the reference manual or on the web.

TIM1 is configured to be reset by a trigger event coming from TIM2 (slavemode set in the SMCR register). It is working well and the imter resets to 0 on a trigger event.

My question is : Is it possible to set the timer to a specific non-zero value when the trigger event occurs ?

Thanks for the help,

Ril

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Not really. There might be a hook where you could set it via DMA but even then there would a bit of delay. You could handle reset manually but then you’d be introducing jitter and delay.

Might be another way to achieve what you’re trying to do.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Not really. There might be a hook where you could set it via DMA but even then there would a bit of delay. You could handle reset manually but then you’d be introducing jitter and delay.

Might be another way to achieve what you’re trying to do.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
rildank
Associate II

Ok, thanks for answering!