cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F410RB DAC Alternate Function not present in AF mapping table

overbite8934
Visitor

I recently got a STM32F410RB. The block diagram shows "DAC1 as AF". I have been looking up the datasheet to find the alternate function pin for the DAC module in the "Alternate function mapping" table, but I'm unable to. Also, I see DAC1_OUT under the Alternate function column of the "Pin description" table. I am unable to ascertain the AF type hence. Any help would be highly appreciated. I am very new to STM32 programming, and have done it using the registers (no HAL).

Here is the datasheet I'm referring to: https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32f410rb.pdf

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @overbite8934 ,

Welcome in STCommunity !  We have no alternate function AFx for DAC_OUT, it is an additional function. As described here 

IMG_8852.jpeg

Once you activate the DAC enable feature it will take the control of the pad - you need only to configure in Analog mode the GPIO .

AFx are a kind of Digital Mux to route many Peripherals to only one digital pad ( Input or Output) at a time and avoid conflicts.

Hope it helps ,

STOne-32

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @overbite8934 ,

Welcome in STCommunity !  We have no alternate function AFx for DAC_OUT, it is an additional function. As described here 

IMG_8852.jpeg

Once you activate the DAC enable feature it will take the control of the pad - you need only to configure in Analog mode the GPIO .

AFx are a kind of Digital Mux to route many Peripherals to only one digital pad ( Input or Output) at a time and avoid conflicts.

Hope it helps ,

STOne-32

overbite8934
Visitor

Thank you so much! I did not see that was an additional function.