cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileX + USB Host on B-U585I-IOT02A

ElectroManiac
Associate II

Hello forum

I'm trying to implement a project that takes the sensor data and saving it into a USB flash Drive,

for that, I'm trying to use the MX system to activate:

• USBPD - Type C only, TIM2, enabled USB support 
  • USBX - Host CoreStack FS, Host Controller FS, MSC
  • USB_OTG_FS - Host Only
  • FileX - FileX Core

while creating the files, before even editing anything, I get a contradiction error between ux_port.h and fx_port.h,
if I try to delete one of them it disables the entire respective library.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? any working example of what I'm trying to do?

I really appreciate any help you can provide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ElectroManiac 

As a workaround, you can check in ux_port.h , change the line

#if !defined(TX_API_H) && !defined(TX_PORT_H)

to 

#if !defined(TX_API_H) && !defined(TX_PORT_H) && !defined(FX_API_H) && !defined(FX_PORT_H) 

It works like a charm ! 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ElectroManiac 

I reproduce on my end after MX code generation. An internal ticket 185567 is submitted to solve these invalid combinations.

One more thin, in Host mode, you should mount the 16 MHz HSE clock X1 and set the SB4 and SB5 solder bridges OFF.

In this configuration, be aware that the U27 VL53L5CXV0GC/1 Time-of-Flight sensor does not work anymore. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

first of all, I really appreciate the help!

if I understood you correctly, I can't solve this issue on my own until the internal ticket is solved right?
have I approached this correctly on the configuration front?

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @ElectroManiac 

As a workaround, you can check in ux_port.h , change the line

#if !defined(TX_API_H) && !defined(TX_PORT_H)

to 

#if !defined(TX_API_H) && !defined(TX_PORT_H) && !defined(FX_API_H) && !defined(FX_PORT_H) 

It works like a charm ! 

@FBL Thanks!! it worked!

about the: "mount the 16 MHz HSE clock X1 and set the SB4 and SB5 solder bridges OFF"
can you elaborate more about what should I do?