Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f407vg discovery cannot communicate with ST link

vinothraj
Associate II
Posted on July 18, 2012 at 16:51

it shows like:

Error : Cannot communicate with the device !

Check the SWD cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWD connector.

Reboot the ST-Link with USB cable.

If the device has been programmed with Protection Level 2, no more communication is possible.

What went wrong?

Advance help for Any Help   

#stm32f407vg-discovery #stm32-discovery #stm32-discovery
14 REPLIES 14
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on July 19, 2012 at 20:31

BOOT0 = HIGH, RESET

That was meant to pull BOOT0 high, press and release the reset button, and try communication with the device than, i.e. a mass erase.

Has your software set the Readout Protection in the option bytes ?

2.in my application,audio is coming from jack.last 2 days audio does not come.

Can you check the audio DAC ? Perhaps you have killed it somehow.

vinothraj
Associate II
Posted on July 21, 2012 at 07:42

Thanks for your support,from clive1 and fm.i found the problem as you both suggest.The problem is solder bridge is broked because My stm32 discovery dropped unfortunately by me.so the problem occurs.Again thanks for your kind support.

🙂

arsalan914
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2013 at 16:54

hey , i was testing the flash driver of stm32f407vg. and during the testing of the option bytes i set the rdp of the flash to protection level 1. since then all debugging facilities have been disabled. even the firmware update is not helping my case.....please please help :(

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2013 at 17:09

If you can't get in with the ST-Link Utility software, try the boot trick as mentioned earlier in this thread. Then use a software like ST's Flash Loader Demonstrator to do a mass erase.

Firmware update has nothing to do with it, as this affects the ST-Link firmware (the STM32F103 on the discovery board), and not the target (F407).

Better not play with RDP...

arsalan914
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2013 at 17:17

thanks a lot fm... st link utility solved the problem :D