cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407IE programming via SPI

Jm3
Associate II

Hello, 

I am currently using the STM32F407IE (Board A) and want to use another STM32 (Board B) with it, but I want to be able to program board A via board B using a SPI interface as I can use this as a general comms interface as well. I know you can program through the SPI interface from AN4286 but it doesn't specify if any specific port needs to be used. 

my question is can I use any SPI port on the STM32F407IE to program through the bootloader? or does it have to be  a specific SPI port? assuming I have access to the BOOT0 pin and the NRST pin from board B. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Yes, SPI bootloader will be present on STM32F407.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

SPI peripherals and pins supported by the bootloader will be listed in AN2606.

TDK_0-1691671865893.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Jm3
Associate II

Thank you for the reply, one more question on top of that the STM32F40xxx/41xxx devices have 2 separate bootloaders V3.X and V9.X, V9.X has a much expanded functionality and has the SPI interface like I want. I assume when it says

"Version V9.1 is populated in all packages of the product." 

this means that the STM32F407IE would have the V9.1 bootloader and V3.X is mostly obsolete? 

Thank you again. 

TDK
Guru

Yes, SPI bootloader will be present on STM32F407.

Jm3
Associate II

Thats great thank you for your help