cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 wrong flash values

zeboss49
Associate III

Hello,

I have an issue with some STM32F407VG chips.

Values stored in flash are wrong, e.g.

Flash size at address 0x1FFF7A22 is 0xFFFF instead of 0x400.

Temperature sensor calibration data for 30°C is 0xFFFF.

Here after is a picture of the bad chip.

f407_bad.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, Typically the Bulk ID is the trace information printed on the reels of parts, and related vacuum packed product, as delivered. If you're buying one or two parts, or repackaged subsets, then you might not have this information.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @zeboss49, to the community!

Recently, a great many STM32 have been counterfeited and are apparently still entering the market. The status can be clearly determined if you send me a clearly legible photo of the packaging label with the Bulk ID by personal message.

Please do not post the Bulk ID here because it can be misused for illegal purposes. I will answer directly via personal message.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I don't have the bulk ID.

The only information I have is what's engraved on the chip itself (see attachment).

Unfortunately, your answer is a confirmation of what I suspected, fake chips coming fromChina.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is the Bulk ID what is called UNique ID in the data sheet ?

No, Typically the Bulk ID is the trace information printed on the reels of parts, and related vacuum packed product, as delivered. If you're buying one or two parts, or repackaged subsets, then you might not have this information.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zeboss49
Associate III

Hello,

parts are soldered on PCB boards.

But I've noticed that all the parts share the same unique ID...

Very likely fake parts.

.Thanks for the answer.