cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 VBUS sensing 5-20V (fast charge)

ymak
Associate

Hello

I'm developing a self-powered device with "fast charge" feature, which assumes that USB VBUS pin can supply up to 20V. In this case, a simple voltage divider will not be able to provide an acceptable logic level within the range of 5–20 V. Additional voltage comparators, suppressors are not an option as I want to keep things simple.

What if calculate a simple resistor divider for 20V, pass the lowered voltage to ADC, measure it and set the state of a VBUS sensing pin programmatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @ymak, to the community!

Presumably you don't want to use a transistor (or two, since one only inverts and inverse operation of a single one is certainly out of the question) because that's all extra stuff, right?

From my point of view, there is actually nothing to be said against your approach.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @ymak, to the community!

Presumably you don't want to use a transistor (or two, since one only inverts and inverse operation of a single one is certainly out of the question) because that's all extra stuff, right?

From my point of view, there is actually nothing to be said against your approach.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.