cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 SPI COMMUNICATION ERROR?

Berkelium
Associate II

0693W00000QMLWaQAP.jpgFIG1(FIRST VENDOR)0693W00000QMLV3QAP.jpgFIG2. (SECOND VENDOR)

I am using STM32F407 chip from two different vendors, the chip from first vendor works well with my SPI config but the chip from second vendor doesn't work with my SPI config. I am attaching with the pics of my chipset. Is there any difference between the two chipset? Does 07 code has any significance ? (fig2) If yes what is the difference and how do i fix it? Also when i heat up my IC from second vendor it works well. any idea what might be causing this?

SPI is connected to display in both cases.

Suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thank you!!!

5 REPLIES 5

> works well with my SPI config but the chip from second vendor doesn't work with my SPI config.

What does this meanm, exactly? What are the difference in waveforms on MISO/MOSI/SCK/SS? What is the observation on behaviour of the SPI peripheral? What is connected to that SPI, is there a difference there?

JW

Berkelium
Associate II

My SPI is connected to display(ili9341) where i am using 3 wire config. APB2 clock is 48 Mhz. SPI is at 2M/bits sec. i have tried with various clocks and baud rate nothing works. But with same config mentioned above works with first vendors IC. Also upon heating second vendors IC my display turns ON.

Try to decrease the SPI_SCK pin drive (OSPEEDR setting).

JW​

S.Ma
Principal

First one seems 2020 week 06, second one 2022 week 03.

Check errata sheet of this part in case there are spi notes.

Check by debugger the chip id which gives digital details. Check serial numbers of few similar parts.

tired that too, currently running at LOW