cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f070 wont connect to st link

Jesus Perez
Associate
Posted on August 12, 2017 at 03:05

I am connecting a standalone board with a STM32f070 to a ST Link v2, but regardless all my efforts ST Link is unable to detect the MCU and I can not program it, I can not found any information about this issue, it seems everyone has done it straight forward with no issues. I am attaching some pics in how I am trying to connect the device to ST Link, I followed the schematics from ST official site with no results.

I have connected VCC 3.3 to board, I am sure GND is ok and jumper for programming is set.

3 REPLIES 3
juozas
Associate III
Posted on February 15, 2018 at 11:35

I have found influence of some capacitance on SWCLK pin on my board connector - by probing with oscilloscope. After soldering 12pF to my board between SWCLK and GND, my STLINK and debug with EMBITZ have start to work perfectly.

Szymon PANECKI
Senior III
Posted on February 15, 2018 at 13:10

Hello Jesus Perez,

I made a review of your schematics. Let me share with you its outcome:

Supply pins

• VDD pins and VDDA pin are connected ok.
  • VSS pins and VSSA pin are connected ok.

Reset pin

• Perfectly fine: 100nF between NRST and ground is a minimum needed circuitry.

BOOT pin

• I would suggest to remove R1. Instead I would suggest to insert 10k resistor betwenn J3 and 3.3V.

Capacitors

• Decoupling capacitors are completely missing. Each VDD/VDDA pins needs 100nF connected to ground.
  • Additionally please add 1uF capacitor between VDDA and ground.
  • Also one 4.7..10uF capacitor common for all VDD pins is recommended.

For more information please refer to

http://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00089834.pdf

. Below I attach a picture with reference schematics.0690X00000609ibQAA.png

Regards

Szymon
gbm
Lead III
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 08:16

To keep the thing simple:

1. Short BOOT0 to GND.

2. Get rid of RESET capacitor.

3. Make sure to put the right supply decoupling capacitors close to VDD/GND pins.

4. Reduce SWCLK frequency to no more than 1 MHz - the most important thing to do.

5. You don't really need the RESET connection to ST-Link. Just make sure you don't change the default functions of SWCLK and SWDIO pins in your firmware.