cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer - can't open file and program MCU after removing folder

Posted on April 09, 2018 at 19:40

Summary:

Once you remove a folder you used lately the STM32CubeProgrammer cannot open a file and consequently program the MCU.

How to reproduce:

1. Select 'Erasing & Programming' window, open a file (either hex or bin) and program the MCU (I tested RAM programming through UART but ST-Link mode seems to be also affected)

The file 'testCode.bin' was located here:

C:\Users\abg015\Desktop\serilal-proto\test-code\

2. Remove/Rename (this is crucial) the folder where the file is located, e.g.

rename the folder:

C:\Users\abg015\Desktop\serilal-proto\test-code\

to:

C:\Users\abg015\Desktop\serilal-proto\test-code2\

3. Since then you cannot navigate to any folder using 'Browse' button, The 'Browser' button do es NOT react to mouse clicking. So you cannot open any file, neither program the MCU since then.

4. Once you restore the folder (previously removed/renamed) you can open any new file.

0690X0000060AUoQAM.png
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on April 13, 2018 at 20:56

I know what you mean - my company delivers systems (software & hardware) for the Public Safety market.

Trent-Sheather
Associate

Hi @Bogdan Golab 

I realise this is sometime after your initial post but I think I've found a workaround after I was hit by the same bug you experienced and wanted to share it incase others are impacted.

This bug occurs because STM32CubeProgrammer remembers the last file path it attempted to access and in the event of an error gets locked up and can no longer access files. This can happen either because there was an error with the file you attempted to open, or simply that the path you last accessed with the program no longer exists, like a network drive.

There is a file called config.properties which by default is located in:

<Your User Path>\STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeProgrammer

By deleting the saved values for readFileLastPathWB, readLastOpenFile, and readFileLastPath I was able to restart STM32CubeProgrammer and open files again.

Hello,

i have the same issue and successfully solve with your solution, i deleted very long/corrupted paths inside config.properties, after all work fine i make a copy of this file for future use 🙂

Uninstall all STM SW did not help,i spend many hours with this...

regards