cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 NUCLEO-F746ZG HSE on-board oscillator from X3 crystal

Onur1
Associate

Hi

I use STM32 NUCLEO-F746ZG development board for my project. I split the ST-LINK and target STM32 part (Cut PCB). I tried to use HSE on-board oscillator from X3 crystal. I soldered the NX3225GD-8.000MEXS00ACG04874 8-MHz crystal oscillator and two 4.7 pF capacitors according the manual. Also, I applied the other configuration steps which stated at UM1974 (User Manual) 6.8.1 OSC clock supply section. However, I haven’t seen 8 MHz oscillator signal from oscillator probe when I tested. Due to lack of oscillator signal, the program in the flash memory does not execute.

Is there any additional steps to apply in order to use HSE on-board oscillator from X3 crystal?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0693W000000V2xCQAS.png

3 REPLIES 3
berendi
Principal

> I use STM32 NUCLEO-F746ZG

Are you sure? The label says F429ZI.

Onur1
Associate

Oops. Sorry. The picture is from STM32F429ZI. I will remove it. I apply the same config for this board also. According to manual HSE on-board oscillator from X3 crystal configuration is same for both STM32F429ZI and STM746ZG

berendi
Principal

Does it work on the F429?

RCC is compatible between the F4 and F7 series, so you can even flash the F4 binary (if that works) to the F7 to rule out software or library bugs.

Examine the RCC registers to see what is going on.