cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Nucelo F429ZI, LWIP a simple application not working

data_cracker
Associate II

Hello everyone, 

I have been trying to run a simple LWIP application on my STM32 F429ZI board. I can see the LED green and orange of the Ethernet jack (CN14) are on which indicates the link is up and running. but no luck with pinging the board from my windows command prompt. 

I have tried different things,

first I configured the project and the board using STM32CubeMX version 6.11.0 firmware: 1.11.2
Lwip Version : 2.1.2

then I found this project GitHub - mirzafahad/nucleo_stm32f429zi_lwip_examples: TCP and UDP Echo Client Example using LwIP Stack (RAW API) for Nucleo-F429ZI  and still the same, cant ping the board,

note that jumpers JP6 and JP7 are both on. 

I even tried two different boards in case one is faulty, still no luck.

What am I missing here? 

Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob S
Principal

> firmware 1.11.2

What "firmware" is this?  The CubeF4 library is up to 1.28.0.

The RJ45 LEDs just tell you that the PHY thinks the connection is up.  It doesn't tell you anything about what LwIP thinks.

What IP address, netmask and gateway do you have the Nucleo set to?  And what are those settings on the (I presume) PC that you are using to ping?

Have you verified that LwIP thinks the link is up?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bob S
Principal

> firmware 1.11.2

What "firmware" is this?  The CubeF4 library is up to 1.28.0.

The RJ45 LEDs just tell you that the PHY thinks the connection is up.  It doesn't tell you anything about what LwIP thinks.

What IP address, netmask and gateway do you have the Nucleo set to?  And what are those settings on the (I presume) PC that you are using to ping?

Have you verified that LwIP thinks the link is up?

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful reply, It is all working fine now. The Ethernet port on my laptop was not on the same Gateway.

Regarding the Firmware 1.11.2 that I have mentioned, I have another project using STM32 H series Micro, every time I open it, CubeMX prompts a message about migrating the project to a newer version or continue as you can see in the screenshot. I didn't notice that CubeMX uses different firmware for each device. my bad!  

CubeMX_Versions.PNG