cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Hardware implementation USB Host vs Device

Joe.H
Senior

I want to use a STM32G4 device in a new project but I was disappointed to find the USB implementation only supported Device mode.

What is the hardware (implemented in the MCU) that make it capable of host mode from device mode (OTG supports both)?  Without knowing the answer - can the missing hardware be implemented in software using the USB cell made for just device mode?  Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
FBL
ST Employee

I agree @waclawek.jan. Cross reference information and naming's are confusing and can be misinterpreted.

Overall, A ticket 185786 is submitted to dedicated team to address these inconsistencies in DS RM and migration guide App Note. 

Thank you!

>"FS" OTG does have the ULPI interface integrated it's just not documented

Sorry, but Figure 749. USB1 OTG_HS high-speed block diagram (OTG_HS1) shows that the PHY is external component. 

> we have hijacked the original thread to a very diverse direction

I thought @Joe.H figured out a solution : "It looks like I'm going to use a stm32F411/412 and have to add my opamps discreetly to the pcb."

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.