cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM 32 series microcontroller which gives 5V digital output ...

jbg
Associate II

Hello all, I want to ask you that is any microcontroller in STM32 series which gives the 5V digital output .. I'm using STM32F746ZGT6, that gives 3.3V as digital output.. I want 5V digital output from microcontroller.. if somebody know then please suggest me .. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

There is none, because max. supply voltage is 3.6V. You may use a 5V tolerant output as open-drain and externally connect a pull-up resistor to 5V, or some kind of level converter. See AN4899 Application note "STM32 microcontroller GPIO hardware settings..." for details and examples. In many cases, 5V output is not needed

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

There is none, because max. supply voltage is 3.6V. You may use a 5V tolerant output as open-drain and externally connect a pull-up resistor to 5V, or some kind of level converter. See AN4899 Application note "STM32 microcontroller GPIO hardware settings..." for details and examples. In many cases, 5V output is not needed

hth

KnarfB

gbm
Lead III

You may use open drain with external pullup if the output signal frequency is up to 1..3 MHz. Beyond that either use some level translator or maybe check and decide it's not needed. It's really rarely needed, for example it's not needed for interfacing with 5 V  LCD display.

My STM32 stuff on github - compact USB device stack and more: https://github.com/gbm-ii/gbmUSBdevice