cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK on Nucleo-F412ZG hard reset?

mbristol
Associate II

I have a Nucleo-F412ZG which ST-LINK is not detected by Windows10. On first Windows10 machine, after fiddling with the drivers, it is now detected as USB Serial Device (COMX), on the second windows10 machine it is as a Jlink CDC UART Port (COMX)

Neither of them is seen by STM32cube Programmer.

First question, how can I completely remove the driver? (is it going to affect my 2 other Nucleo-F and H, detected and working fine?) and do a proper install

Second question, is there a resistor/jumper to set/unset on the Nucleo to hard reset it and bring it to its original defaults? (just in case something is wrong with the ST Link?)

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

It's a composite device. Doesn't really make sense that the VCP portion of it would show up but not the ST-Link portion. The VCP portion doesn't need any drivers.

There's not really a hard reset for the hardware. The ST-Link chip can only be written through ST's upgrade process. Unlikely that something went wrong there (but possible, I suppose).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Thanks for your help.
When you mean the upgrade process, do you mean that can only be done in factory?

Thanks.

No, a user can use STM32CubeProgrammer to upgrade firmware.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
But how?, the programmer doesn’t see it
If you mean using the UART port,
It keeps showing the following:

Yes, well the system needs to recognize the ST-Link in order to upgrade it. Hence the "There's not really a hard reset for the hardware."

If something went wrong, or if the chip was deliberately erased, you're somewhat SOL.

What is SOL ?