cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple UART not working on nucleoH755ZIQ

Jad
Associate III

good morning. since this morning, on my nucleoH755ZIQ I am trying to make work my UART connection. I followed the stm video on YouTube and did as said:

Jad_0-1727955007350.png

connected USART 2 (doesn't USART 1 work?)

and then implemented the simple code 

Capture d’écran 2024-10-03 à 13.31.03.png

 in the while loop of my main. unfortunately, when I run the console, nothing appears. I even tried it on putty and again nothing came out. so I decided to change board and take the NUCLEO C031C6 but this time could not even access the USART 2.

Capture d’écran 2024-10-03 à 13.35.41.png

does somebody knows what could be the problem or have a simple code I could try to understand if the problem is the hardware or the software?

best regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

If you are using Virtual Comport of STLINK, this is normal as USART1 is not connected to the VCP but USART3.

So use USART3 instead with the correct Tx/Rx pins.

SofLit_0-1727956619413.png

Please review the board schematics before suspecting an issue in the software.

Hope it helps

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

If you are using Virtual Comport of STLINK, this is normal as USART1 is not connected to the VCP but USART3.

So use USART3 instead with the correct Tx/Rx pins.

SofLit_0-1727956619413.png

Please review the board schematics before suspecting an issue in the software.

Hope it helps

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Jad
Associate III

thank you for the response, I was searching virtual com port and not vcc so I did no see it. however I got another problem on stm32: USART mode 3 is impossible to put the mode into available:

Jad_0-1727963894602.png

I wanted to do it manually by turning directly the pins of PD9 and PD10 into tx nd rx but it doesn't want to turn on the usart3. I think I am missing something.

Hello @Jad,

I suggest to open a new thread regarding the last question.

Thank you.