cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question, can I use ADC inputs and DAC outputs together on STM32L476RGT6? For instance , I want to use the ADC input 12_IN7 on pin 16 PA2 and the DAC output 1 on PA4 pin 20. The cube software is flagging a 'partial' error which I find confusing.

rwils.1
Associate III

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Yes you can. CubeMX won't let you set a configuration which won't work. The little yellow "warnings" are letting you know that some things can't be enabled. Hover over them to learn more.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
rwils.1
Associate III

Ah that makes sense. So the Cube software is saying that not all ADC inputs can be used because I have configured the DAC output. Thank you for the reply, most appreciated.

Yes, exactly.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I don't get it.

Why would DAC output on PA4 in any way disable ADC input from PA2?

JW

I was concerned that once you select the peripheral module, it doesn't allow you to multiplex individual pins for other functions. So you either use the ADC and all associated inputs or the other functions, but not both. It looks like I am wrong and you can, the cube software is just indicating a partial problem.

S.Ma
Principal

Maybe because adc can support differential input using pair of pins and with pin selection, this option has restrictions.... nothing to worry abouy.