cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send commands with CANopen from STM32H7 and canopennode to Elmo motion control gold drive.

AGonz.6
Associate

Hi,

as the title says, I´ve tried sending a OD object (vendor ID, for testing) via CANsend and filling the buffer with the object. I´ve have nothing in response.

I´ve also filled the CANsend function with the apropiate code to send data via CANsend().

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
JPeac.1
Senior

Since you are using the CANopen protocol, is the other node set up to send periodic PDO objects about the status of the motion control device? Are you receiving those PDOs? Is there an NMT heartbeat to indicate the other node is online?

How do you send commands? Do you use PDO or SDO objects? Are you requesting a PDO response or is it event triggered?

Most all CANopen nodes implement the NMT heartbeat since it is essential for reliable operations. If you aren't receiving a heartbeat you might have hardware or configuration problems. Have you checked the CAN status registers for errors?

AGonz.6
Associate

Hi, thanks for the quick answer.

Via oscilloscope i´ve seen the drive send signals from time to time, but the board doesn´t receive it, or at least doesn´t do anything about it (the can callback doesn´t trigger)

I send commands via normal can, but with the content is 0x1000 (the object from OD from vendor ID)

How do you check this registers in the board?

Thanks a lot.