Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a 2 CAN board

B C
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 09:44

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a board with a STM32F4 or any other microcontroller (STM32) with 2 CAN. The main issue I am facing, is finding a developpement board where the 2 CAN inputs/outputs are available (for example in the STM32F4 discovery board, one is connected to the USB, which doesn't suit me).

So if anyone knows a board that could fit my needs !

In advance, thanks !

#board #stm32f4 #can #development

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 17:40

What I meant is that I couldn't find the pins on the picture of the board (as I won't use the USB for example)

Posted on June 12, 2018 at 17:43

The Datasheet for the chips describe the pin options available, these may be further constrained by usage on the board in question.

>>However, this alternative still looks a bit expensive for me.

Really not providing constraining parameters here, the NUCELO/DISCO boards are artificially cheap, so if you start adding features, and need third-party boards, they are going to cost more. The boards here are relatively cheap compared to engineering time involved.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 17:58

Provided that I only need 2 transceivers as additional boards, I still think this solution is cheaper than the RedDragon407

I am not saying that they are expensive regarding the engineering time involved, I am just looking for the cheapest way to developa link between two CAN buses.