cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC calibration (STM32L011G4)

A L
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2018 at 22:27

Hi there! - After looking around for quite a while, I'm still not exactly sure how to calibrate the RTC on my STM32L011G4 board. - For our project, we are using an external LSE crystal (768 kHz) for the RTC. - Do I need to use the RTC_SmoothCalib method (example for other MCU types), or is there another way to adjust the RTC accuracy? I have an accurate 1s clock source from a GPS module hooked up and counting rising edges with EXTI interrupt... That works nicely. But how could the number of LSE clock ticks happening between the external 1s pulses be counted to adjust the calibration registers? (RTC_CALR)There are only 2 timers, and no 32-bit one on the STM32L.. - Any help / hints would be appreciated. I'm simply overwhelmed by all the cryptic options described in the docs...

#rtc #rtc-calibration #lse #calibration #stm32l011g4 #stm32l0x1

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
20 REPLIES 20
Posted on April 16, 2018 at 02:30

Yes, AN2867 should have gone into the bracketed (see ) in my previous post... that's how multithreading fails in real life... 😉

JW