cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming stm32f4 with openOCD @2.5V

T B
Associate II

Hi,

some flash operation depends on the MCU supply voltage (see picture).

I would like to program an STM32F401 with openOCD, where the MCU is supplied with 2.5V.
Is the possible?

If yes,
 - Can I use the stm32f4x.cfg or are there modifications needed?
- Should I use the ST version of openOCD? https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/OpenOCD

-Thomas

TB_0-1709808760688.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMYL
ST Employee

Hi @T B ,

Yes, it is possible to program the STM32F401 with openOCD with MCU power supply at 2v5.

According to Table 7 of RM0368 we need to configure PSIZE with 01 (16-bit) or 00(8-bit).

CMYL_0-1710543771875.png

PSIZE is not configured in the "stm32f4x.cfg" but configured rather in the "loader file" plugin located in ~\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\ 

The loader is in executable format, so not possible to customize it.  I asked the development team what is the default configuration of openOCD loader for the STM32F401 in terms of PSIZE and flash clock frequency access ?

Hope it is 8-bit/20Mhz so that it is functional in all cases, otherwise a customized loader version will be requested to give guidelines how to change the openOCD project in the github. 

Internal tracking ticket is "Ticket 176083" not accessible for you. I let you know for the updates. 

Best regards,

Younes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CMYL
ST Employee

Hi @T B ,

Yes, it is possible to program the STM32F401 with openOCD with MCU power supply at 2v5.

According to Table 7 of RM0368 we need to configure PSIZE with 01 (16-bit) or 00(8-bit).

CMYL_0-1710543771875.png

PSIZE is not configured in the "stm32f4x.cfg" but configured rather in the "loader file" plugin located in ~\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\ 

The loader is in executable format, so not possible to customize it.  I asked the development team what is the default configuration of openOCD loader for the STM32F401 in terms of PSIZE and flash clock frequency access ?

Hope it is 8-bit/20Mhz so that it is functional in all cases, otherwise a customized loader version will be requested to give guidelines how to change the openOCD project in the github. 

Internal tracking ticket is "Ticket 176083" not accessible for you. I let you know for the updates. 

Best regards,

Younes