cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UART1 DMA

vnd241092
Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2014 at 03:14

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
10 REPLIES 10
vnd241092
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 14:44

Hello, anyone help me please!!!

Posted on May 05, 2014 at 15:47

So the code worked on one part and not the other? Perhaps the issue isn't the software?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vnd241092
Associate II
Posted on May 06, 2014 at 03:11

Hi Clive, The hardware is my design. Everything seem to be OK (LCD, LEDs and Button). Can you please make a short test on your kit?

Posted on May 06, 2014 at 03:32

I'm not actively working on F1 designs right now, why don't you test the USART functionality without DMA? Try something like a simple echo back, or looping IRQ

vnd241092
Associate II
Posted on May 06, 2014 at 08:56

thanks for your suggestion but I did those things before and now I want to try with DMA. 

Posted on May 06, 2014 at 14:26

Ok, and those worked on both the original board, and your new board?

I'm not familiar with your design, but if the software worked on one chip with a different pin configuration, and doesn't work on another one, then I would check the HARDWARE thoroughly.
vnd241092
Associate II
Posted on May 07, 2014 at 18:52

Ok. Today I tried different codes on my design, just to make sure that is not a UART hardware problem. Everything is OK except the code above.

Can you please re-check is there anything wrong?

By the way, I do not really understand why  

(uint32_t)SERIAL_UART + 0x04

not 0x00?

Posted on May 07, 2014 at 19:16

Ok. Today I tried different codes on my design, just to make sure that is not a UART hardware problem. Everything is OK except the code above. Can you please re-check is there anything wrong? By the way, I do not really understand why  

(uint32_t)SERIAL_UART + 0x04

not 0x00?

I skimmed through it, didn't see anything awful in there, perhaps not how I'd do it, but as I said I'm not currently doing development work with F1 parts, and I know very little about your hardware. This isn't something I can easily standup and run. Perhaps you should speak to the people who wrote it?

The DR (Data Register) is not at the base of the peripheral, it's offset. You could always use &USART1->DR if you wanted some clarity. Review the Reference Manual for your part.

0690X00000604xYQAQ.png