cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with boot while programming stm32f407 mcu

FRJ.1
Associate II

I have a boot problem with the STM32F0407VGT6 (uVision V5.14.0.0.). I designed a custom board and sadly forgot to connect the Boot0 (floating) to GND. Because of that, I can program the MCU, but the controller don’t starts my program by default until i connect Boot0 manually to ground and reset it. should mention that I program it using keil itself and it worked at first for few days, i even used it in debug mode, but now it programmed but doesn't work.i even changed my board and use new one but the same problem still exist. I'm sure that i didn't change anything in my code, i guess there is a problem with debug or flash setting. I'll be thankful if you help me to fix this problem thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Check you're not changing the configuration on pins PA13, PA14 or PB3, or otherwise disabling or low powering the debug interface.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

It's not clear if you've solved your BOOT0 floating problem or not. If it floats, no guarantee your code will start, even if it happens to work sometimes.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi

thanks for your answer. actually I'm sure i didn't change those pins configuration in code. but i tried to solder a wire to pb7 pin that is just next to Boot0 and after several times trying i couldn't do that and just fixed it again to its previous form. and i think after that this problem happened. but now i change the board and using totally new one, but the problem exist.

I mean is that possible software's change occurs because of hardware issue in the first board on that pin? because i changed the hardware and problem is here yet.

thanks

Piranha
Chief II

> i tried to solder a wire to pb7 pin that is just next to Boot0 and after several times trying i couldn't do that and just fixed it again to its previous form

Try once more.. explaining! Regroup your thoughts and form something that can be useful.

FRJ.1
Associate II

Hi

No, because the board is printed and assembled there is no way to fix it. i just manually connecting it to GND using wire while i'm resetting micro. i think something in code or debug or flash setting must be changed itself. because i didn't change anything because its worked at first. for about one week i worked with it everyday.

is there any way that i fixed it in code. i mean are we can't change Boot0s logic level somewhere in code? maybe in startup functions?

thanks

TDK
Guru

Some other series have option bytes to handle how BOOT0 is handled, but the F4 series does not. Startup code isn't going to help anything if it doesn't get executed.

You still haven't really explained what "doesn't work" means.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".