cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please check whether the statement in STM32F103RET6 datasheet is incorrect

Liu_Yi
Associate

屏幕截图 2024-09-12 124337.png

I think the word "reproduced" should not be used in this yellow marked sentence,and the word "resolved" should replace the word "reproduced",due to the purpose of NRST pin is to solve the most of common failures,not to reproduce them。 Am I right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Liu_Yi and welcome to the ST Community .

This world should be true since the failures caused by EMC interference usually result in PC lost, system clock drop or device reset and the design of the HW+SW have to be hardened in the way to deal with these interferences and to allow system self-recovery if such failures occur.

These events can be eventually "emulated" by stopping oscillation of external Xtal (if such is used as a source for system clock) or triggering reset by low level on NRST pin.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Liu_Yi and welcome to the ST Community .

This world should be true since the failures caused by EMC interference usually result in PC lost, system clock drop or device reset and the design of the HW+SW have to be hardened in the way to deal with these interferences and to allow system self-recovery if such failures occur.

These events can be eventually "emulated" by stopping oscillation of external Xtal (if such is used as a source for system clock) or triggering reset by low level on NRST pin.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, after reading your reply,I understand the meaning of this paragraph.thank you.

Besides, is the NRST pin a active-LOW reset pin?if it is,then,what does it reset?clear all(data in mcu,count in progress,clock signnal...)?