Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H755ZIQ

Shmuel99
Associate

hello guys!

i need your help.

I'm developing a control system from Zero, based on an existing board (the NUCLEO-H755ZIQ).

now, after reading the BOM of the NUCLEO-755ZIQ board, i saw one oscillator that i can't find anywhere.

the oscillator name (on board) is X1, with the following requirements:

Oscillator 25Mhz, +-50ppm, Vcc:3.3V typ, square wave: [0.1Vcc;0.9Vcc], Enable pin, SMD

NZ2520SH 25MHz END4869C

in the board schematics, the oscillator appears right next to the st-link.

and also in the ST-LINK (STM32F723IEK6) PDF info, i didn't find the exactly requirements that the ST-LINK needs.

so my question is, do you guys know where i can find this oscillator? or, do i even need it?

thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Shmuel99, to the community!

Well, the NUCLEO is universal and the choice of oscillator depends on what exactly you want to do.

But first, two notes: NUCLEO boards are intended to get hardware development started as quickly as possible. They are not meant to be copied (see Terms of Use on the respective NUCLEO website under the Documentation tab).

If you want to put an ST-LINK on your own design, you may legally do so only with a ready-made STLINK from STMicroelectronics, e.g. the STLINK-V3MODS (for direct soldering) or also the STLINK-V3MINI (for plugging). The firmware of an ST-LINK is neither open source, nor is it legally available for own setups.

Once again on the subject of oscillators: the MB1363 also has an Ethernet interface, for which a clock corresponding to the frequency and tolerance specifications must be provided. For the MB1363, the crystal oscillator NZ2520SH was selected, but this is not a mandatory requirement and can certainly be replaced by alternatives. However, if you do not use Ethernet, you probably do not need such an oscillator, but could also work with a cheaper crystal, which has e.g. 8MHz.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.