cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F042k Doesn't Seem to Function

DIngr.1
Associate II

I just received (about 4 hours ago) 2 Nucleo-F042K6 boards. I tried to a LED blinker program but both units hang in the Clock Configuration routine. Strange that both units exhibit the same behavior. I'm wondering if I missed something. I used CubeMX to for the default configuration (but I noticed the LED is missing - I had to added it to PB3 per the documentation) . Updated the St-link and launched the debugger with CubeIDE and with uVison. Both hang in same place. Tried to program with CubeProgrammer but 't the Led doesn't blink.

One think I noticed when I was first started is that the flash erase function was 'greyed' out in uVison.

I'm assuming both are units are bad and will try return them unless I've missed something trivial.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Look at the HSE configuration. If HSE bypass is enabled, disable it. Otherwise, enable it. Not sure which is correct for this board offhand but CubeMX gets it wrong for some boards in the default configuration.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Look at the HSE configuration. If HSE bypass is enabled, disable it. Otherwise, enable it. Not sure which is correct for this board offhand but CubeMX gets it wrong for some boards in the default configuration.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
DIngr.1
Associate II

The CUBEMX default configuration for the Nucleo-F042K sets the HSE as BYPASS clock source but the board does not come with a crystal. Disabling the HSE did the trick. I now have a blinky.

Thanks.