cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No device found on target ERROR

AYelb.1
Associate

I have a STM32NUCLEOF411RE. It was working well until today. Now my pc can not recognize it. It says "No device found on target.". Also when I connect my board the processor becomes too hot in a few seconds. However, when power it with 5V it does not become hot like previous trial. I have seen that somebody who updates firmware when the board is connected to pc (like me) had similar problem. Did my board broken or can I solve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AYelb.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Did you try with the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer tool ? 

Can you download the option bytes?

Maybe you can check with other boards, if you have the same issue or not.

It will be better to provide more details and share the log or screenshot with the error sequence.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Michael E
ST Employee

Hello @AYelb.1,

In "normal" use the MCU must not heat!

Please check if the board is detected as a mass storage on you PC when you connect the NUCLEO.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I used the Cube IDE with the latest version. Here is the screenshot0693W00000BbN0mQAF.png

Hi @AYelb.1​ ,

Maybe it's a jumper issue.

Check the pin connectivity following the schematic and check the BOOT0 if it is pulled HIGH.

I advise you to have a look at this article "Why my STM32 doesn't start?", which described the possible aspects to check and that may prevent your STM32 MCU from working properly.

Hope this helps you!

Please keep us informed about yout update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @AYelb.1​ 

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Does the proposition from Michael or me work ? If yes, please mark the correct reply as the Best answer (click on "Select as Best").

Imen

Thanks
Imen