cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more information on FDCAN

Mr_M_from_G
Senior II

Hi ST members,

sorry to say this but FDCAN documentation is not the best part at least in RM0433.

I found some more clarity in AN5348 but still can't get ahead.

There are these lines in AN5348, page 18:

Up to 32 elements are supported by the FDCAN. Each element stores the identifier, the DLC, the control bits (ESI, XTD, RTR, BRS, FDF), the data field, the bits field message marker and the event FIFO control bit of only one message.

But I could not find how this is set up in detail. I started to fiddle it out of HAL code but I am not sure if this is complete and anyway this should not be the way to do it.

So some more information or links is greatly welcome. Also some examples with setup for Tx and Rx and what is happening in the application would be great.

Thanks a lot

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mr_M_from_G
Senior II

I found myself: it is in chapter 56.4.19, following a number of TTCAN chapters, so I simply missed it.

Sorry for the confusion. I'd suggest an extra chapter holding only the TTCAN stuff.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mr_M_from_G
Senior II

I found myself: it is in chapter 56.4.19, following a number of TTCAN chapters, so I simply missed it.

Sorry for the confusion. I'd suggest an extra chapter holding only the TTCAN stuff.