cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32F401RCT6 won't let me load programs to the board, I think it's blocked

astroler
Associate

For a few days I have tried to load programs on my STM32, however when it comes to passing the program to the board, I get the error that "No target connected", I have already verified that the drivers are updated, that the computer recognizes the board and so on, possibly it is blocked, any solution for this? Help. For the programming of the programs I have used the Keil software

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @astroler and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to take a look at this post (STM32 Cube programmeur need to used instead of ST-LINK Utilities).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

alexndre
Associate II

Because your computer can recognize the device (probably read voltage, SN etc ), your connection must work and I suspect read level protection

could you confirm the MCU doesn't have read level protection set, with a read protected device I see:

when using the STM32CubeProgrammer or command line, i see "Error! No STM32 Target found...."

when trying to program using the IDE, i see "No device found on target", but a different IDE or tool may phrase that differently

using STM32CubeProgrammer, connect to board (you will get connection errors, but should be able to edit the option bytes)

OB,RDP, and confirm the byte is 0xAA or level 0 read protection

you can set read protection by accident: if the option bytes are ever erased, RDP becomes 0xFF, and the device by default becomes read level 1 protected on next power cycle 

What board are you talking about?

How is it wired up?

Are you using an ST-LINK/V2 or some other debug pod? How is that connected?

Let's at least start with some basic details..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SofLit
ST Employee

+ Check the power supply of your MCU. If you're using one of the ST boards, check the jumper (must be fitted) that connects the power supply to VDD pins of the MCU.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.