cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My F3Discovery board is not recognised.

asim khan
Associate III

0693W00000D23IdQAJ.pngOn my f3 discovery board, i was measuring voltage between 5v pin and GND with multi meter and the power LED started blinking . When i removed the the multimeter i noticed the com LED is turned off and the board disappeared from ports in device manager and also getting errors no st link found.

Now only pwr LED is on.Anyway to recover the boaard or have i destroyed my board some how? Any insight.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

If power started blinking, you may have shorted something out. Usually shorting things out isn't fatal, but it certainly can be in you put 5V into something that should only see 3.3V. Hard to say if it's bricked or not, but if it doesn't show up in device manager, it doesn't look good.

Measure power rails to see if they're stable. See if any chips get particularly hot, see if current being drawn is reasonable.

Also possibly, but less likely, that the USB cable or port is bad.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

>>Anyway to recover the board or have i destroyed my board some how?

How good are your schematic reading and electronic diagnostic skills?

Silicon can be very easily burned up internally, and is not forgiving. There isn't a respawn button.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..