cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed interrupts in the vector table

macalon
Associate

Hello,

I'm looking the vector table described in the Table 97 of the STM32G4 series reference manual, and it shows interrupts with different characteristics, such as TIM1_BRK/TIM15 and TIM6_DACUNDER, being allocated to the same address.

This is very confusing to me because I first thought TIM1 and TIM15 have something to do with a master/slave relation, but it was not.

My question is why are these confusing definitions happen. Is that due to the hardware constraints of the Cortex core?

Thanks,

macalon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This is not the only example where an interrupt vector supports more then one interrupt request. Many STM32 MCU products have this implementation.

It was a design choice as the peripherals are increasing with many interrupt request outputs. The interrupt source is managed by software.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This is not the only example where an interrupt vector supports more then one interrupt request. Many STM32 MCU products have this implementation.

It was a design choice as the peripherals are increasing with many interrupt request outputs. The interrupt source is managed by software.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you!