cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRaWAN Project using P-Nucleo-LRWAN2

NZama.1
Associate III

I am using P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package, and Nucleo STM32 L476RG as my end node.

The end node is configured as :
Region and Frequency plan: EU863-870
Data is transmitted at: TX on freq 868100000 Hz at DR 0, TX on freq 868500000 Hz at DR 0, TX on freq 868300000 Hz at DR 0
Device EUI Is used as is generated by the MCU. AppEUI is 01:01:01:01:01:01:01:01 and AppKey: 2B:7E:15:16:28:AE:D2:A6:AB:F7:15:88:09:CF:4F:3C.... and it is registered on the TTN network on which it has the frequency plan as:
Europe 863-870 MHz (SF12 for RX2).

here is how gateway is configured:
Device EUI: as mentioned on the package
Region / Frequency Plan :
Europe 863-870 MHz (SF12 for RX2)
Also the Gateway status is Connected.

"No activity yet" message is displayed on the end node. Even The end device is not detected as an activity. But the Controller is sending the dummy data. joined failed message is visible on terminal through Com port. What can be the issue? why the device is not seen by the network server? Even on Loriot Gateway is configured correctly and is connected. but the end not status is: Never Seen. any help in this regard will be grateful. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

As said our Friend @Andrew Neil , the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package is Not recommended for new designs. It can be some incompatibility between it and the Network servers since maybe the network Servers changed some configurations. So, for now, I wild like to recommend you use an STM32WL as End Node and select a Gateway (it may work with the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package, but we can't guarantee).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

You realise that the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package has been obsolete for some time now?

Is it still supported by TTN ?

STTwo-32
ST Employee

As said our Friend @Andrew Neil , the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package is Not recommended for new designs. It can be some incompatibility between it and the Network servers since maybe the network Servers changed some configurations. So, for now, I wild like to recommend you use an STM32WL as End Node and select a Gateway (it may work with the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 package, but we can't guarantee).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thankyou @STTwo-32 and @Andrew Neil  for the quick response. i really appreciate your help. I think there maybe some compatibility issues with the board I am using and the Network. I'll look forward to the option of switching to the new board.