cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linker file missing when project is created using the Keil CMSIS package manager... I prefer this way because you are able to update anything from the package manager

EGonz
Associate II

I just do not like the STMCubeMX way... even seems quite cool to use it. I prefer to do it from scratch and have cleaner code. So, I prefer to use Atollic to create my project, but i found the CMSIS used in my Atollic project is quite out-dated. I followed the guide to install the Keil Package Manager in Atollic, and that approach is now my favorite one, because I can start even a FreeRTOS project avoiding tons of boilerplate code generated by the CubeMX . The only thing I found, is that at least for the STM32F3 Discovery it did not gave me the option to create the startup code, for the STM32F411E Disco I was able to select the startup code. and for both cases, the linker script it is not generated by Atollic... I figured out a workaround creating a dummy project in CubeMX (did i mentioned I do not like it :P) and take the linker file and link it to my project, and voila!

5 REPLIES 5
Lead

Last time I tried Atollic some while ago, but the toolchain didn't generate a startup file.

It just copied the appropriate file from a "repository" folder to your project.

>... , for the STM32F411E Disco I was able to select the startup code.

Startup files use to be MCU specific. Boards do not matter yet.

Kraal
Senior III

Hi !

Can you please tell us where is this guide to use the Keil Package Manager ? I would be interested in doing so...

Best regards,

Kraal

Hi,

Download the Keil Package Manager and then from Atollic, set the CMSIS Pack folder

0690X000006DcGHQA0.png

Actually it is possible:

this is for F4110690X000006DcEuQAK.png

This is my F303:

I have to doble check if using the Keil IDE it is possible, I think it is...

@Kraal​ 

Here is the entire Keil uVision user guide:

http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/uv4/uv4_ca_packinstaller.htm

-- pa