cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jive... Community vs. forum?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 11:40

Congratulations for fixing the forum! (knocking on a wood)

A confusing thing for newcomers like myself is that questions can be asked in the STM32 Forum and in the STM32 Community. The latter IMHO is confusing and should be disabled. People can post questions outside of the forum and wonder why there's no replies.  Or, when posting  question directly to the community there should be a prominent notice that the question isn't going to the forum.

Regards,

Pavel A.

25 REPLIES 25
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 15:50

Doesn't that mean that one has to pick a specific moderator? Or can one share with 'moderators' as a group?

My proposal is just a workaround. You need to select persons with whom you will share the discussion.

Would be a lost simpler to just have it as an option on the 'Report' button - both for the reporter, and for the one(s) receiving the reports.

It may be a new feature to add.

Kling.Brian

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 16:20

As far as I can see, you can only 'Share' a complete thread - not  a particular post?

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 17:02

I use 'Spam' for duplicate posts, and write that in the notes field. It has the added advantage of hiding the post. I don't think all options hide things.

There are a lot of things with Jive that make me conclude &sharpdesignedbymuppets admittedly smarter and better looking ones than Microsoft, but still.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 20, 2018 at 10:07

Actually, forums gathers people and create communities...

S.Ma
Principal
Posted on January 20, 2018 at 12:29

Looks like unexpected error pops up even by clicking on this post. Only comment works. logged or not.

Posted on January 20, 2018 at 19:11

Very true!