cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FMC on an STM32H723 suitable for use with an LCD display using an 8 bit parallel bus?

Konstantin Petzold
Associate

Hi,

the display we're trying to use uses an ILI9488 display driver, has a resolution of 320x480 pixels, is controlled via an 8 bit parallel bus and has a color depth of either 16 or 24 bit per pixel. The parallel bus works by pulling a WE (write enable) pin low, setting the address pins and pulling the WE pin high again. It doesn't matter if one pulls the WE pin low or sets the address first, the important thing is that the address is there on the rising edge. Depending on if one is sending a command or data, the RS pin has to be pulled either low or high respectively.

We saw that the FMC might support something like this, but just to be sure, we'd like to know if that's still the case with the H7 controllers.

Thank you in advance,

Konstantin Petzold

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Konstantin Petzold​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I recommend you to refer to the STM32H723 datasheet MCU and precisely FMC characteristics Section and check if the STM32H723 FMC characteristics are suitable with ILI9488 display.

Thanks for your contribution in ST community.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I would like to thank you. This is really helpfull when someone ask a question, and a ST employee do not answer just provide link to 235 pages document and say "find it". I see that outsourcing works really great for ST.