Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install DFU driver on Win7 failed

dqyang
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 04:28

Hi guys,

I wanted to test DFU function with my STM32F401 board, and my Win7 has installed DfuSe V3.0.4. After I plug USB to PC, it shows the driver is not corrected, so DfuSe can't recognized the USB device.

I searched the forum but havn't find a solution, can anyone give some advices? thank you very much!

Daniel

Hi guys,

I wanted to test DFU function with my STM32F401 board, and my Win7 has installed DfuSe V3.0.4. After I plug USB to PC, it shows the driver is not corrected, so DfuSe can't recognized the USB device.

I searched the forum but havn't find a solution, can anyone give some advices? thank you very much!

Daniel

Hi guys,

Daniel
13 REPLIES 13
Zaher
Senior II

I would like to confirm that I'm also experiencing the very same issue on Win7 64-Bit. Windows enumerates the device and I can see it in DM as "STM32 bootloader" however, it is not detected in DfuSe. I tried restarting, switching pins, nothing worked!

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It is not the very same issue. The OP experienced issue with installing the driver correctly (yellow bang in Device Manager). In your case, it looks like the driver installs correctly, but the DfuSe won't find the device for some reason.

-- pa

You’re right! Perhaps I should have started a new thread for this. Anyways, I don’t need it anymore as I can do the same thing over USART.

Mon2
Senior III

To use the DFU, BOOT1 and BOOT0 must be strapped correctly.

BOOT1 = PB2 = must be LOW. By factory default, this pin contains a PULL UP on the Discovery kit.

BOOT0 = must be strapped HIGH.

Use a jumper to short BOOT0 to VDD (this pin is across BOOT0 on the kit).

Use a jumper to short the BOOT1 to Ground (this pin is across the PB2 label on the kit). This pin is not marked as BOOT1 on the silk screen so look for PB2.

Now try again.

Ran into the same flaky issues with our STM32F429i-DISC1 kit on Friday. 100% solid after these changes are applied.

Reference reading:

http://stm32f4-discovery.net/2014/09/program-stm32f4-with-uart/