cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about the- DCMI of STM32U5 Series MCUs.

Ankur_1
Associate

Good Afternoon Sir/Mam, 

Sir/Mam, I have a query about the DCMI of STM32U5 Series MCUs. I have read the Datasheet of following MCUs-

1)  STM32U5A5VJT6Q

2)  STM32U595VJT6

3)  STM32U595ZJT6Q

4)  STM32U5A5AJH6

5)  STM32U5A5QJI6Q

6)  STM32U5A9NJH6Q

7)  STM32U5A9ZJT6Q

😎  STM32U599VJT6

9)  STM32U5G9NJH6Q

10)  STM32U5G9VJT6Q

11)  STM32U5G9ZJT6Q

, and, it was written in them that- DCMI of these MCUs is for use with Black & White Camera Modules Only and it is assumed that all preprocessing is pre- performed in the Camera Module. 

Sir/Mam, it would be very helpful if you could please confirm and verify these both things (Interface with Black & White Camera Modules only and Preprocessing is needed to be pre-  performed in the Camera Module), and if you could please provide any-  websites at which- X24 & X5 Camera Modules would be available at cheapest rates (if any). 

Thanking You, 

ANKUR. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ankur_1 ,

Same issue issue is reported here

As I mentioned  "This interface is for use with black and white cameras, X24 and X5 cameras, and it is
assumed that all preprocessing such as resizing is performed in the camera module." sentence  should be removed from the datasheets to avoid any confusion with updated X24 cameras that can be found on internet. I reported this internally. In fact X5 and X24 cameras are referring to very old ST cameras.

AN5020 application note mentioned some CMOS sensors examples that are compatible with the STM32 DCMI.

KDJEM1_0-1721390323609.png

Has your request been answered?

If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to share it 🙂.

Thank you.

Kaouthar.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ankur_1 ,

Same issue issue is reported here

As I mentioned  "This interface is for use with black and white cameras, X24 and X5 cameras, and it is
assumed that all preprocessing such as resizing is performed in the camera module." sentence  should be removed from the datasheets to avoid any confusion with updated X24 cameras that can be found on internet. I reported this internally. In fact X5 and X24 cameras are referring to very old ST cameras.

AN5020 application note mentioned some CMOS sensors examples that are compatible with the STM32 DCMI.

KDJEM1_0-1721390323609.png

Has your request been answered?

If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to share it 🙂.

Thank you.

Kaouthar.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.