cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S : Interface with STM32. Hello, I have a processor type STM32L433RCT6P, after download the datasheet, I don't know how to (physically to wire the pinout) connect to the processor. I think it'll have only 3 pin

DYann.1
Senior

10 REPLIES 10
SBEN .2
Senior II

Hello @DYann.1​ ,

STM32CubeMX should help you with this.

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Hello SBEN,

What do you mean, I must download the software to configure the module ?

SBEN .2
Senior II

Hello @DYann.1​ 

Example :

0693W00000D0MAPQA3.png 

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

DYann.1
Senior

Ok I see now, I have a SAI (Serial Audio Interface) and I can configure the module after I can see the pinout to wire, Right ? But can I use only this configuration on line ? Or Must I download this version :

0693W00000D0MGDQA3.png

Hello @DYann.1​ ,

Unfortunately, CubeMX is not an online tool. You need to install it on your computer to be able to run it.

CubeMX is more than a pin configuration tool, it also generates the initialization code for your peripherals and allows you to quickly add middlewares to your project (FreeRTOS, etc...). You can check this MOOC for more information: STM32CubeMX & CubeHAL basics MOOC.

If you're starting with STM32, I advise you to use CubeMX to simplify your development process.

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

After install the software I have this picture :

0693W00000D0MQNQA3.jpgWhat can I do after to arrive at pinout configuration ? Thank for your helps

DYann.1
Senior

Now I can find theses 3 pin (I think) :

0693W00000D0MSdQAN.jpgIs this right with theses 3 pins ?

Hello @DYann.1​ ,

If this is the SAI instance you'd like to use it would be correct. I recommend you read more about the subject and watch the MOOC's videos ( STM32CubeMX & CubeHAL basics MOOC). It wouldn't be enough to wire the pins, there's software that needs to be written.

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Sorry to come back again, but I still have more details to ask and it is not yet very clear. I have this component :

https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/appareils-hifi-adc-audio/adc-cs5343-dac-cs4344-i2s-24bit-192khz-p-14326.html

And I need to wire with my processor STM32L433RCT6P, after my previous I can find 3 pin PC3, PB10 and PB12 is it correct to work with this ADC interface I2S ?

After this picture below I can see 2 port with I2S (SAI A SAI B) ? And which protocol for I2S (I2S Standard I2S MSB Justified I2S PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) ?

Thanks for your helps.

Regards