cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use the STM32G474VET6 in a robotic application with 3 motors and a diff GPS. Can I program it in Assembly or do I use C? If the latter is Keil a good compiler?

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

49 REPLIES 49

The Keil Lite/Eval version can be downloaded and can build/debug 32KB of code

The ST-LINK/V2 would be one of the cheaper and more flexible debug pods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Thanks, will order the ST-LINK/V2 and start

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Got ST-LINK/V2. Tried to start following instr:1 Launch UVision - OK. 2 OPEN A PROJECT FOR AN STM32 DEVICE, Opened OK but could not find STM Device in the database. So could not start instr 3 - Open the project config Project -Options for target.

Keil would presumably need to pull "Packs" to support the STM32G4.

After it says it can't find the devices, go into the Pack Installer by clicking the 3 coloured dice icon

Try building one of the CubeG4 examples.

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

No Luck. Went to pack installer, has a list of devices on the left one of which was mine STM32G474VET6. tRIED TO INSTALL BUT GOT 404 ERROR.

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

I HAVE 2 SCREENS working, one is keil Uvision, the second is pack installer which has a left subscreen with 2 tabs devices, boards and a right subscreen with 2 tabs packs, examples. The left subscreen has a list of devices including 32g474vet6, but if I select this dervice, get 404

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Could not see the 3 coloured dice icon, may be I am in the wrong screen?

Was able to build

STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32G474E-EVAL\Examples\CRC\CRC_Example

and also after changing device to STM32G474VETx

THANKS. No help to me as I can't seem to get past the 2nd step in 'using ST-LINK in Keil MDK QUICK START GUIDE" i.e. Step 1 - Launch UVision - OK

2 - OPEN A PROJECT with an stm32 target device - tried this i.e. Open Project but does not give me my target device i.e. STM32G474VET6.

I am not using a dev board but MY OWN board already assembled with the VET6

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Still struggling!

Surprised there are no clear instructions on how to run this. I d'loaded it and it appears as an icon on my desktop titled MDK529.exe. I click on this icon expecting it to run but instead get a msg - 'this pack is already installed'. So how to run the devicepack is still a mystery. I am not running the eval board but am trying on an STM32G4 installed on my own board. Guess with the STM debugger (STLINK - V2) should be no different