cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need design "CAD" resources for STM32F205

Zaher
Senior II

Hello,

Recently I moved a design to the STM32L552 because I wanted an extra layer of security and protection for my IP. Also, the device has some new features that I plan to adopt in the new design, like the DMAMUX. On the other hand, it's been a while since I ported the SBSFU to an F4 device, and as far as I remember, it took a considerable time and effort to do it. As you might know, STM32L5 provides TrustZone, which can be configured from CubeMX.

Unfortunately, I'm now facing another problem. No stock of any STM32L5, L4 in the market. The STM32F205ZETx is the only possible candidate that I can find stock of at the moment. Yes, that's at the cost of small SRAM (128k max for this line) but faster core, and all peripherals needed in the implementation.

However, I couldn't find any relevant CAD resources for the STM32F205 here or anywhere else. I was wondering if anyone has these so I can save time and get off the ground quickly. It's really time consuming to start from scratch creating device symbols, footprints, and basic circuits.

Zaher

2 REPLIES 2

144-pin materially identical to to 405 or 407 sans Ethernet peripheral. Uses M3 vs M4F core

Might be a handful of pins high/low between them, check data sheet. Used to have a box that used F205/F405Z interchangeably, just BOM change

Should be NUCLEO-144 for F207

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Zaher
Senior II

Cool. I was going to do exactly the same if I didn't hear from anyone with material for F205. By the way, any known issues when porting SBSFU to F205?