cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had interface EEPROM with STM32G4 board and I have to flash a project code in EEPROM as my Flash memory of the board is not sufficient for my project(code size is large).So is it possible to flash my code inEEPROM and execution of code store in EEPROM?.

AWalu.3
Associate II

11 REPLIES 11

>>So can you give me any reference to copy a code into RAM to execute it.

No, you can presumably read the content of the EEPROM into RAM already.

Execution would require the code be built for the location you load it, entry could be made with a table of function addresses, and function pointers in C, or branches or calls in assembler.

People have moved away from supporting overlay methods in linkers, so you might need to consider building a loader which can pull in .ELF files, so those can be built as individual executables or DLLs. One could probably still do overlays, but it would require a conceptual understanding of the method, and an ability to separate out functional blocks of code that operate independently/separately.

Not really sure how large your code is, and how much, memory you have to work with, or if you need to partition your design better.

The complexity here is probably beyond the scope of free forum support.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

What is the codesize, flash size, unused ram and how much short are you in flash ?