cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had interface EEPROM with STM32G4 board and I have to flash a project code in EEPROM as my Flash memory of the board is not sufficient for my project(code size is large).So is it possible to flash my code inEEPROM and execution of code store in EEPROM?.

AWalu.3
Associate II

11 REPLIES 11

Is it within the processors address space? I'll assume not, so no.

I​f you need more program space use QSPI NOR Flash

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Muhammed Güler
Senior III

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00227538-quadspi-interface-on-stm32-microcontrollers-and-microprocessors-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The above document explains how to use QSPI storage. You can store code or data up to 4GB on QSPI devices.

AWalu.3
Associate II

Ya I went through above document but I am using STM32G431MBTx board and QSPI connectivity is available for that board. In document also QSPI connectivity is for limited u/c board only. So what so what will be solution for that?

It is not within processor address space.

So is it possible with On board EEPROM or not? (flashing and execution of project code)

AWalu.3
Associate II

sorry *QSPI connectivity is not available to STM32G432MBTx board

AWalu.3
Associate II

Ya I went through above document but I am using STM32G431MBTx board and QSPI connectivity is not available for that board. In document it is also mention that QSPI connectivity is available for limited u/c board only. So what so what will be solution for that?

It is a part/board you have, can't you test yourself?

O​n Board or On Chip?

If the EEPROM isn't within the memory space you'd need to copy code into RAM to execute it.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your feedbacks

It is on board ,not on chip...

Yes, EEPROM is not within the memory space...So can you give me any reference to copy a code into RAM to execute it.